Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Good Recipes

I love Autumn food. Here are a few of my favorite recipes as of late.

Gingersnaps - these are made with whole wheat pastry flour and turbinado sugar which gives them a healthy edge and a delightful crunch from the sugar that contrasts nicely with the softness of the cookie.

Beef Stew with Fennel and Shallots - from The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook which happens to be my new favorite. The recipes are delicious and healthy. I don't like stew as a general rule but this one is fantastic. I left out the bay leaf, the boiling onions, and used button mushrooms instead of portobello and it was still delicious. Serve with Whole Grain Buttermilk Biscuits, they are wonderful.

Braised Chicken with Mushrooms and Pearl Onions - another keeper from the Mayo Clinic. I made whole wheat dumplings with this dish and it was perfect. Let me know if you want the dumpling recipe.

And for dessert? Whip up the Date-Walnut Cake with Warm Honey Sauce.

Now go buy the cookbook.

1 comment:

kathy w. said...

The Mayo Clinic has a cookbook? Is there anything those people don't do? Very cool.