Sunday, January 29, 2012

Quite possibly the best ice cream. Ever.

I was completely floored by the amazingness of this ice cream the first time I conjured it up. Bryant was impressed, but not to the same degree. Jonathan and Amy came up this weekend and I made it again and was happy to see that they were also floored and dubbed it the best ice cream. It is simple, but oh so good.

2 c buttermilk
1 c sugar (taste as you add so that you get the sweetness that tastes best to you)
1 c cream (I've used whole milk in a pinch)
zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp vanilla

Combine buttermilk and sugar and whisk until sugar dissolves. Add remaining ingredients and freeze in an ice cream maker. Eat it all in one sitting. Repeat.

1 comment:

Alan said...

Kristin and I can independently corroborate your findings. Amazing.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/arsheffield/6810660405/in/photostream/