Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolve

New year, same resolution. I am going to update my blog weekly! The question I have for the five people who read my blog is whether I should continue to post recipes or simply post what I am cooking and then post the recipe if requested? Let me know. Here's what I've been cooking:

Roasted Pineapple Hot Buttered Rum - minus the rum
Crispy Polenta with Mushroom Ragu
Chestnut Soup
Bacon-wrapped Shrimp
Pear Souffles with Chocolate Sauce
Mexican-Spiced Chocolate Eggnog
Homemade ravioli with 2 fillings: ricotta or butternut squash
Chocolate Ganache-filled Figs with Vanilla Ice Cream
Cranberry Glazed Pork Ribs
Garlic Roasted Chicken and Mashed Potatoes
Parsnip, Yam, and Watercress Soup
Old Fashioned Fudge
Eggs, Asparagus, and Prosciutto

4 comments:

kathy w. said...

Mmm. I'd love to know everything you're cooking, just to get some ideas (I get in ruts where I can only think of making either soup or tacos).

Of course, I'd like recipes for every yummy thing you make, but that would be super time-consuming.

Can I be selfish and ask you for four recipes in particular? Pear souffles, homemade ravioli, parsnip/yam soup, and eggs/asparagus/prosciutto sound particularly tempting to try.

Adrienne said...

Thanks for the feedback! I will post those recipes this week. It is a good thing Amy married my brother, that is where I get 3/5 of my readers. I hesitate writing anything other than recipes because your blog makes me feel inept in comparison (I love your writing!) but I appreciate your patience with my sub par writing.

Jon said...

I think it's probably a good idea to let people ask, unless the recipe is just out of this world. I would like your bacon wrapped shrimp recipe.

I love your cooking...

kathy w. said...

Your writing is delightful, Adrienne! If only I could cook like you do.