Monday, March 9, 2009

Crispy Coconut Chicken

YOU MUST MAKE THIS DISH, IT WILL BLOW YOUR MIND. This is from an issue of Cooking Light and it is amazing. I made it for dinner when Cindee came to visit for the weekend, and served it with a baguette and warmed brie, mixed greens salad, and something else. I just can't remember what else I served it with, which is probably why I should post more frequently. Make this dish tonight!

1 Tbs fresh lime juice
1 Tbs hot pepper sauce
1 (14 oz) can light coconut milk
4 (4 oz) chicken thighs, skinned
4 (4 oz) chicken drumsticks, skinned
3/4 c panko
1/2 c flaked sweetened coconut
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Cooking Spray

***I only used boneless skinless chicken thighs with great results!***

Combine first 3 ingredients in large ziploc bag. Add chicken and seal. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 1/2 hours, turning ocasionally.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine panko, flaked coconut, salt, and black pepper in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Dredge chick, one piece at a time, in panko mixture. Place chicken on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully turn chicken over, and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until done.

3 comments:

Cindee said...

Thank you, thank you! I've been having recurring dreams about this chicken. Delicious!

kathy w. said...

This looks aMAzing.

Also: yesterday, I ordered Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone online (finally). Thanks for the recommendation. I am sooo excited for it to come. I don't know if I've ever received anything quite so thick and heavy through the mail.

Happy Thought, Indeed! said...

I just made it for dinner tonight, finally! Delicious!