Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Favorite Pork Tenderloin Recipe

This is my favorite pork tenderloin recipe, and it is also a fabulous fall dinner. If you grill it on a grill pan on top of the stove I grill it on all 4 sides for about 6 to 8 minutes a side. If you own a grill you can simply follow the directions believe. Don't be put off by the fennel seed - it works perfectly with the other spices. Don't even think about not serving this with the pears. Or the cheese. This is a perfect recipe. I think I saved this recipe out of a Bon Appetit magazine. Enjoy!

2 Tbs fresh rosemary
2 tsp fennel seeds
2 tsp coriander seeds
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 (1 lb) pork tenderloin
2 1/2 tsp olive oil
4 ripe but firm pear (you could also use plums)
3 oz crumbled blue cheese

Grind first 3 ingredients in a spice or coffee grinder until finely ground. Combine with salt and pepper. Rub pork with 1 tsp olive oil and then sprinkle evenly with spice mixture. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Prepare grill. (I don't have a grill so I just use a grill pan on my stove top which requires a bit more cooking time, but I'm assuming you have a grill so I will give you those cooking instructions.) Place pork on a grill rack coated with cooking spray and grill 16 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 155 degrees, turning once. Let stand 10 minutes, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch slices. Place pear halves in a shallow dish and drizzle with remaining olive oil. Toss gently to coat. Place on grill and grill 3 minutes or until golden. Fill with cheese and serve alongside pork. (Take a bite of the pork with the pear and cheese - delicious!)

No comments: