Monday, August 1, 2011

A dessert party. And dinner.

I teach the 12 and 13 year old girls at my church and they were recently invited to bring a friend with them to church. As an extra incentive I promised them a dessert extravaganza if they complied. Bribery works wonders. We ate chocolate chip cookies, vanilla vanilla cupcakes, caramel panna cotta, homemade (not from a box) chocolate pudding with whipped cream, orange cheesecake with gingersnap crust, and vegan chocolate orange cupcakes for our one vegan in attendance. It was a success. I am going to be fat.

Dinner for Lauren: another pasta dish because I was in a rush. I just sliced one of the onions and sauteed it with a chicken breast that I cut up into pieces in a bit of olive oil. When almost cooked I added spinach until wilted, tossed it with cooked pasta and served it topped with some crumbled goat cheese.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Why am I not a 12 year old girl in Boise????? So Jealous! Looks amazing!