Sunday, August 14, 2011

A note on food storage.

I just made a huge purchase through Azure Standard (an organic bulk food source) and saved so much money compared to what I would have spent if I had purchased these things elsewhere. The only things I didn't buy through them were the quinoa (Costco), lentils (Co-op), applesauce (Costco), diced tomatoes (Costco), better than bullion (Costco), jam and peanut butter (Costco). I am ordering the masa through another site because it is really difficult to find organic/nonGMO masa. But it can be done.

Azure Standard will ship to your home (but shipping for my gigantic order would have been $187) or (and here is the best part) they had drop points along their trucking route in Idaho and Utah and you can pick it up at one of those drop points for only $4 or so. That is the option we chose. You have to create an account before you can see the prices. Their prices are really good. I placed our order on Friday and it will arrive on the 20th of this month. Then I can figure out my rotation schedule and we will be set.

Why masa? For pupusas and corn tortillas. If you haven't had a pupusa you need to become friends with someone from El Salvador.

No comments: