Saturday, November 19, 2011

Cheater Chocolate Mousse

This has been a busy cake month.  At the beginning I made my sister's wedding cake which consisted of 3 tiers (which each had 4 layers) of devils food cake, brushed with salted caramel and filled with chocolate mousse (the real stuff) and then frosted with the mascarpone frosting.  It was good.

My neighbor turned 40 this weekend and his wife asked if I would make him a chocolate cake for his birthday.  So I used my no-fail Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake recipe and did a cheater version of chocolate mousse that always gets rave reviews.  It is really quite simple.  Make the Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate frosting.  Whip 2 cups of cream (add sugar to taste) and fold the cream into the frosting.  Everyone loves it.  It is crazy easy. And then the cake was frosted with the regular frosting.

And I made a cake for one of my YW who recently turned 14 and left my class.  She requested a German Chocolate cake so I used the same chocolate cake recipe, same frosting, and made the pecan coconut filling from scratch for the first time.  Also really good.  Let me know if you want the recipe.

No comments: