Sunday, April 26, 2009

Oreo Cheesecake Balls

I made these in my food processor. To make by hand simply put the Oreos in a large ziploc bag and crush to fine crumbs with a rolling pin.

1 pkg Oreos (I used double stuffed, but regular work just fine)
8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
Chocolate for dipping

Put entire package of Oreos in food processor and pulse until they become fine crumbs. Add cream cheese and process until combined. With a melon baller or tablespoon scoop into small balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Freeze at least 30 minutes. Dip in whatever chocolate you desire. Freeze until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes. Serve cold.

*I melted 60% cocoa Ghirardelli chocolate chips in a double boiler and then dipped the balls. I liked the contrast of the slightly bitter chocolate with the sweet center. You do not need to use popsicle sticks, I just liked the look of lollipops, but you can make them like truffles. They are very good, but need to be served cold!*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My those look tastey! Something I could easily get addicted to!

kathy w. said...

Mmm. I'm suddenly craving chocolate.