Thursday, April 23, 2009

What I've Been Baking

Cindee - this post is for you. Here are the photos from last week's baking frenzy. The wedding cake turned out okay, my only concern was with the appearance, because the cake itself was delicious. I need a lot more practice decorating. I can guarantee that it tasted amazing, anything with 8 lbs of butter in the frosting is bound to be fabulous.
The deserts for the baby shower were also delicious. Oreo cheesecake balls dipped in dark chocolate, mini cupcakes (aka leftover wedding cake batter), and cream puffs (technically they are mini eclairs as they have a vanilla custard filling, but I like the sound of cream puffs so much more). That fabulous salad pictured in the back was made by the new mom's sister-in-law and it was outstanding. Cheese tortellini, strawberries, asparagus, and some lemon zest vinaigrette. Weird combination, but so good.

5 comments:

Cindee said...

A post just for me? I'm famous!! Everything looks delightful and as it is currently lunchtime, it's making me hungry...and I just ate! I'm sure that cake was heaven. 8lbs of butter, eh? Maybe we should have fed me THAT while I was saying with you. I'm still on the up, by the way. Well, you're well on your way to operating a bakery out of your kitchen. Let me know when you'd like to expand into an independent business. I won't keep the books for you, but I'll come eat what you bake...just a thought.

kathy w. said...

Everything looks so lovely. And yummy!

melissa said...

that's amazing! oreo cheesecake balls sound yummy I'll have to find a recipe for that!

wow, Adrienne, just wow.

ok, one question for you, do you have a recipe for a wheat bread that turns out soft not hard?

Adrienne said...

Melissa - I do have a great whole wheat recipe, I will post it for you! It is delicious. I can also post the recipe for the Oreo cheesecake balls because they are ridiculously simple.

melissa said...

Thank you Adrienne! I look forward to the cheesecake recipe too! I'm all for ridiculously simple :) melissa