Sunday, February 19, 2012

Banana Cream Heaven

My mom's favorite pie is banana cream, and I hated it for the majority of my life.  As an adult I realized that if I just lightened the pastry cream with whipped cream, and did layers of cream with the bananas (even better yet with coconut cream) it became a pie that I loved. 

Last week Chelsea and Jordan had us over for dessert and they changed my idea forever about banana cream pie with this recipe:  http://curtisstone.com/Recipes/Desserts/Banoffee-Pie.aspx

At a whopping 600+ calories per slice it is quite the indulgence.  And worth every single calorie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That looks so good! My mouth is watering! Maybe I could handle 1/4 slice. But I know that once I gave in to 1/4 slice I will end up eating half the pie! Oh what to do...what to do...